American Idol Said Goodbye To Didi Last Week

Sunday, April 4, 2010




The sentimental yet beautiful Didi Benami with the unique voice bid the American Idol show goodbye last week. During the episode, she has moved many to tears along with her own including her roommate Siobhan Magnus and close friend Crystal Bowersox.

Didi said she was very proud of what she attained and she feels very lucky to have been able to join the tour with the rest of the finalists. Here are some worth taking words she left her fans during her interview with USA Today:

"I was not prepared for that. I was not an avid American Idol watcher, so I didn't know what to expect. Honestly, I was just being myself, and I did stuff that meant something to me and had a good time."

I'm relieved that I get to go on tour. I don't have to work as a waitress anymore. I get to do what I love. It's a blessing. It's a relief to know I'll be able to make a living doing what I love for the summer, hopefully longer."

"[Crying] has definitely been therapeutic for me, and I do it as a release. It's funny because the camera was always catching me when I'm emotional. And I'm not always that emotional."

"I don't feel like I lost my way. I feel like they wanted me to do something specific every week ... and I went out on a limb several weeks and did different things. And they weren't expecting it."

"Siobhan is a unique, amazing person. I love her very much. She's a sweetheart. She ended up being my roommate the first week. I met her the first day of Hollywood Week."

"It was tough. The whole crowd was chanting, and that was pretty cool. Ultimately, I kind of felt like I was going home, but I thought it would be cool if they exercised the option to let me stay."

"Crystal Bowersox and Siobhan and I are really close. Crystal came down and stayed with me last night. They're amazing, wonderful people. It's hard when you meet other artists you really connect with."

Photo via tvfanatic.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment